Slay Naturals Slay! High Puff Routine

Like I said in my previous post I am in love with my hair and have found ways to deal with it and was to mitigate the problems faced with having short 4c hair. One of my recent fun and easy go to hairstyle is the high puff and as promised I will tell you all how I achieve this hair style.

High Puff Routine

  1. Wet your hair with water from a spray bottle (not soaked) but just wet enough to soften and make my stands easier to manage.
  2. Apply coconut oil trough out your entire hair while massaging your scalp.
  3. In order to lock in the curls you are about to achieve when cornrowing apply some shea moisture miracle styler leave-in treatment.
  4. Separate your hair into 3 sections 2 in the front and 1 in the back to help detangle; combing it out with a wide tooth comb from ends to roots.
  5. Separate the previous sections into smaller sections and then cornrow it; two strand twisting the ends (that will create a curl pattern).
  6. To help your hair with growth apply vitamin E oil between each cornrow and along your edges.
  7. Leave to set over night.
  8. Apply more coconut oil to your hair.
  9. Undo the cornrows being sure not to finger comb though the new curl they created.
  10. Use wide teeth comb to puff up or stretch your new Afro.
  11. Apply gorilla snot hair gel around the circumference of your head the brush it upwards to form a bun.
  12. Use a ribbon (or shoe lace) to tie the puff in place to the size bun you are comfortable with.
  13. Lay your edges and tie it down ( the longer you leave it for the better).
Video Demonstration 



Thanks For Watching!



~Truly Jimilia 

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing I've always wanted to wear my hair like this now I'm gonna try your method

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Problem ! thanks for keeping posted with my blog

      Delete
  2. My sweet girl. You always playing in your hair eh. You look beautiful. You can actually choose between doing hair and designing.. good stuff. Stay blessed 😇

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who Are You Sis?

Up-cycling My Lime Green Mini Dress

100% Natural Babe Wash Day Routine